Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 18 of 18

Thread: How to remove permanent marker?

  1. #11
    HB Forum Owner aggirl479's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 12th, 2005
    Posts
    1,030
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I think what everyone else has said should be enough information. And I agree, have your sister be the one to clean the marks up. I remember you saying that your little sister was in the fifth grade. That's old enough to know not to color on expensive dolls, and certainly old enough to take responsibility for her actions. I think that you should tell her what to do, and give her the supplies, but then have her be the one to clean her Bitty Baby.

  2. #12
    Inactive Member spongelover1212's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 3rd, 2005
    Posts
    18
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    She is 5 years old. You must be thinking of my +other sis.

  3. #13
    HB Forum Owner aggirl479's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 12th, 2005
    Posts
    1,030
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Oh, okay. Sorry! I only remember you ever mentioning one sister. Well, I would still have her at least help you clean Bitty up. That way she learns to not mark her up again [img]smile.gif[/img] .

  4. #14
    Inactive Member jamieplus3's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 22nd, 2005
    Posts
    79
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I won't be adding much to what has already been said [img]tongue.gif[/img] , but I just wanted to let you know I recently had to send two Bitty Babies to the hospital for new heads. (My two-year-old son gave them Sharpie "lipstick". [img]eek.gif[/img] )

    I tried nail polish remover and it didn't do a thing. Goo Gone took Bitty's "real" lip color off and left the permanent marker. [img]confused.gif[/img] I needed the babies fixed up by Christmas, so I didn't even bother with the Oxy 10. I figured $18 a piece for new heads was money well spent. (Secretly I was kind of happy about getting the cute hospital gowns. [img]smile.gif[/img] )

    Anyway... my advice would be to help your sister figure out how to earn the money for a new head by doing extra chores, etc. It will be a good lesson for her. I wish I could teach that one to my two-year-old. LOL!

    Incidentally, my babies are several years old and the skin tone of the newer heads does not match the old arms and legs. AG ended up sending me two brand new babies for the price of the new heads. I [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img] AG!

  5. #15
    Inactive Member spongelover1212's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 3rd, 2005
    Posts
    18
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    Can you use non-acetone nail polish remover? IS that safe and does it work? How do you remove it?

    Just wondering!

  6. #16
    Inactive Member vew-tori's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 23rd, 2004
    Posts
    1,258
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I've just heard of using the Oxzy-10 product. I don't know about nail polish remover.

  7. #17
    GreyMyst
    Guest GreyMyst's Avatar

    Post

    nail polish remover does nothing

    you HAVE to use oxy 10 or a generic version of it

  8. #18
    Inactive Member spongelover1212's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 3rd, 2005
    Posts
    18
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I've tried Oxy 10; and it didn't work, even if I used it for 2 weeks continuosly and set my doll in sunlight. [img]redface.gif[/img]

    What about goof-off, if you only left it on for a minute or two?

    Any other suggestions?

    [img]graemlins/wonder.gif[/img]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •